allow in Chinese
[ ə'lau ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "allow"Synonyms of "allow"Use "allow" in a sentence
- Please allow me to offer you my apologies .
- You are allowed 1 liter of spirits duty-free .
- Do not allow pleasure to interfere with duty .
- Only a few journalists were allowed inside .
- The spirit is allowed to mature in oakwood .
- Plainly he was not to be allowed to share in it .
- A policeman is not allowed to smoke on duty .
- Those boys have been allowed to run wild .
- He allows his son five hundred dollars a month .
- Our shop only allows people six months credit ..
- allow or plan for a certain possibility; concede the truth or validity of something; "I allow for this possibility"; "The seamstress planned for 5% shrinkage after the first wash"
Synonyms: take into account,
- give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause; "I will earmark this money for your research"; "She sets aside time for meditation every day"
Synonyms: appropriate, earmark, set aside, reserve,
- consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won''t let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
Synonyms: permit, let, countenance,
- allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting; "We don''t allow dogs here"; "Children are not permitted beyond this point"; "We cannot tolerate smoking in the hospital"
Synonyms: permit, tolerate,
- let have; "grant permission"; "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison"
- grant as a discount or in exchange; "The camera store owner allowed me $50 on my old camera"
- make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won''t allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
Synonyms: let, permit,
- allow the other (baseball) team to score; "give up a run"
Synonyms: give up,
- make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain; "This leaves no room for improvement"; "The evidence allows only one conclusion"; "allow for mistakes"; "leave lots of time for the trip"; "This procedure provides for lots of leeway"
Synonyms: leave, allow for, provide,
- afford possibility; "This problem admits of no solution"; "This short story allows of several different interpretations"