active in Chinese
[ 'æktiv ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "active"Use "active" in a sentence
- She plays an active part in local politics .
- He pursued an active ecclesiastical policy .
- An active volcano vomits forth smoke and lava .
- She is wonderfully active for her age .
- She was active as a left-winger in the party .
- She has taken an active part in all past contests .
- I was a man active elsewhere .
- Most active clergymen have their hobby .
- Write is enabled when this line is active .
- The active enchantment reaches my dust .
- characterized by energetic activity; "an active toddler"; "active as a gazelle"; "an active man is a man of action"
- engaged in full-time work; "active duty"; "though past retirement age he is still active in his profession"
- full of activity or engaged in continuous activity; "an active seaport"; "an active bond market"; "an active account"
- tending to become more severe or wider in scope; "active tuberculosis"
- disposed to take action or effectuate change; "a director who takes an active interest in corporate operations"; "an active antagonism"; "he was active in drawing attention to their grievances"
- (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt; "active volcanos"
- (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- (used of verbs (e.g. `to run'') and participial adjectives (e.g. `running'' in `running water'')) expressing action rather than a state of being
- expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
- exerting influence or producing a change or effect; "an active ingredient"
- (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
- in operation; "keep hope alive"; "the tradition was still alive"; "an active tradition"
- taking part in an activity; "an active member of the club"; "he was politically active"; "the participating organizations"
- engaged in or ready for military or naval operations; "on active duty"; "the platoon is combat-ready"; "review the fighting forces"
Synonyms: combat-ready, fighting, Noun
- a person who is a participating member of an organization; "the club issues a list of members, both the actives and the retirees"
- the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb; "`The boy threw the ball'' uses the active voice"
Synonyms: active voice,
- chemical agent capable of activity
Synonyms: active agent,
"active carbon" in Chinese, "active antenna" in Chinese, "active defense" in Chinese, "active voice" in Chinese, "active weapon" in Chinese, "active duty" in Chinese, "active title" in Chinese, "active list" in Chinese, "active immunity" in Chinese, "activator-dissociator-system" in Chinese, "activator; inertial" in Chinese, "activator]c3活剂" in Chinese, "activatory" in Chinese, "activboard" in Chinese, "active (l02)" in Chinese, "active (passive) circuit elements" in Chinese, "active abduction" in Chinese, "active absorber" in Chinese,