activate in Chinese
[ 'æktiveit ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "activate"Synonyms of "activate""activate" in a sentence"activate" meaning
- These push buttons can activate the elevator .
- The canister is filled with activated charcoal .
- Over 300 strains of bacteria have been found in activated sludge .
- Activated charcoal is known to be an excellent catalyst for many reactions .
- Some extracellular proenzymes may be activated by secreted lysosomal proteinases .
- The converse situation holds if it is simply the first device which is activated .
- Eoc can also activate an interrupt input, depending on the software considerations .
- The recent storm of protests has also activated many persons in positions of government .
- The experimental telephone's ring is activated by pulses sent through a glass fiber .
- The latter arises from abstraction of the somewhat lesser activated c-h bond in the dioxolane .
- make active or more active; "activate an old file"
- make (substances) radioactive
- aerate (sewage) so as to favor the growth of organisms that decompose organic matter
- make more adsorptive; "activate a metal"
- put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
Synonyms: trip, actuate, trigger, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off,