action in Chinese
[ 'ækʃən ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "action"Synonyms of "action""action" in a sentence"action" meaning
1.动作，活动；行为，行动。 ★ act 指一次所作的行为；action 虽与 act 同义，但多半指某一期间内出现数次的行动；累积而成的 action 叫做 conduct.
- "action on" in Chinese : 作用
- "by the action of" in Chinese : 在...的作用下
- "in action" in Chinese : 在活动, 在运转; 在活动，在运转，在战斗; 在起作用；在积极活动中; 在战 ...
- "on action" in Chinese : 开动
- "the action" in Chinese : 演出
- "collateral action, secondary action" in Chinese : 副作用
- "derivative action;d-action" in Chinese : 微分作用
- "elective action, selective action" in Chinese : 选择作用
- "ia action independent action" in Chinese : 独自行动
- "integral action;i-action" in Chinese : 积分作用
- "proportional action;p-action" in Chinese : 比例作用
- "repeated action cyclic action" in Chinese : 多次重复作用
- "repeated action；cyclic action" in Chinese : 多次重复作用
- "a call to action" in Chinese : 行动呼吁
- "a civil action" in Chinese : 法网边缘; 公民行动; 禁止真相; 漫长的诉讼
- What construction do you put on his actions ?
- I was indignant at their mean actions .
- Such action will advantage our cause .
- Such unkind action debases you .
- Strong reasons make strong actions .
- Just a few words will incite him into action .
- The action assignments drove the follow-ups .
- What should be our general line of action ?
- He consistently matches his words with his action .
- What is the best course of action we can take ?
- something done (usually as opposed to something said); "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"
- a military engagement; "he saw action in Korea"
Synonyms: military action,
- a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party prosecutes another for a wrong done or for protection of a right or for prevention of a wrong
Synonyms: legal action, action at law,
- an act by a government body or supranational organization; "recent federal action undermined the segregationist position"; "the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues"; "the Union action of emancipating Southern slaves"
- the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism; "the piano had a very stiff action"
Synonyms: action mechanism,
- the trait of being active and energetic and forceful; "a man of action"
- the series of events that form a plot; "his novels always have a lot of action"
- a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
Synonyms: natural process, natural action, activity,
- the state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action"
Synonyms: activity, activeness, Verb
- put in effect; "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
Synonyms: carry through, accomplish, execute, carry out, fulfill, fulfil,
- institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
Synonyms: sue, litigate, process,
- "action" meaning: Noun: action akshun Something done (us...
- "action" meaning in Japanese: action n. (1) 行動, 動作, 活動, 実行; (機械などの)動き; 行為, 行状; 方策, 処置; 《...
- "action" meaning in Korean: noun, 활동, 작용, 행동, 행위, 동작, 작용, 소송, 전투, 소설의 줄거리 전개
- "action" meaning in Russian: 1) действие; Ex: in action на ходу, действующий; в действи...
- "action" meaning in Arabic: n. عمل, احداث الرواية, الأداء, نائب, سلوك, تصرف, دعوى قض...
- "action" meaning in French: n. action; acte; activité; combat