act in Chinese
[ ækt ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "act"Synonyms of "act""act" in a sentence"act" meaning
past tense: acted past participle: acted plural: acts present participle: acting
- His last act must be a deed of impiety .
- But he faithfully acted up to it .
- The pickpocket was caught in the act .
- These four vitamins act in coenzymes .
- Television tends to glamorize acts of violence .
- She acts like she owns the place .
- This collar acts as a kind of gasket .
- Try to act naturally , even if you are tense .
- She drifted, fearing to act really .
- They thought their acting was so effective .
- something that people do or cause to happen
Synonyms: deed, human action, human activity,
- a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
Synonyms: routine, number, turn, bit,
- a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
- a manifestation of insincerity; "he put on quite an act for her benefit"
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don''t behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
Synonyms: behave, do,
- pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind; "He acted the idiot"; "She plays deaf when the news are bad"
Synonyms: play, act as,
- discharge one''s duties; "She acts as the chair"; "In what capacity are you acting?"
- play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband''s master"
Synonyms: play, represent,
- perform on a stage or theater; "She acts in this play"; "He acted in `Julius Caesar''"; "I played in `A Christmas Carol''"
Synonyms: play, roleplay, playact,
- behave unnaturally or affectedly; "She''s just acting"
Synonyms: dissemble, pretend,
- perform an action, or work out or perform (an action); "think before you act"; "We must move quickly"; "The governor should act on the new energy bill"; "The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel"
- be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected; "The voting process doesn''t work as well as people thought"; "How does your idea work in practice?"; "This method doesn''t work"; "The breaks of my new car act quickly"; "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water"
- be suitable for theatrical performance; "This scene acts well"
"acting" in Chinese, "army act" in Chinese, "riot act" in Chinese, "volstead act" in Chinese, "organic act" in Chinese, "fulbright act" in Chinese, "game acts" in Chinese, "hovering act" in Chinese, "parliament act" in Chinese, "acsulalion" in Chinese, "acsystem" in Chinese, "acs出版物网站" in Chinese, "acs东丽" in Chinese, "acs会员数据网站" in Chinese, "act according to rules" in Chinese, "act ychology" in Chinese, "act 1 a few basic rules" in Chinese, "act 1 a shoulder to lean on" in Chinese,