xanthone in a sentence
- It is a yellow crystalline solid with a xanthone core structure.
- It is an isomer of xanthone, sometimes referred to as an isoxanthone.
- It also contains some xanthone compounds.
- "' Xanthone "'is an organic compound with the molecular formula C 13 H 8 O 2.
- Xanthone is also used in the preparation of xanthydrol, which is used in the determination of urea levels in the blood.
- In 1939, xanthone was introduced as an insecticide and it currently finds uses as ovicide for codling moth eggs and as a larvicide.
- The authors proposed that chronic exposure to alpha-mangostin, a xanthone, could be toxic to mitochondrial function, leading to impairment of cellular respiration and production of lactic acidosis.
- It mentioned that Arisawa and Morita have isolated tetraoxygenated xanthone glycoside 2-C-?-D-glucopyranosyl-5-methoxy-1, 3, 6-trihydroxyxanthone from " Iris florentina ".
- The next two steps in the biosynthetic pathway is the methylation by " S "-adenosyl methionine ( SAM ) of the two hydroxyl groups on the xanthone part of demethysterigmatocystin by two different methyltransferases, OmtB and OmtA . This yields " O "-methylsterigmatocystin.