xanthine in a sentence
- Xanthines such as caffeine and theobromine are cAMP-phosphodiesterase inhibitors.
- It is caused by a deficiency of the enzyme xanthine oxidase.
- Caffeine, like other xanthines, also acts as a phosphodiesterase inhibitor.
- This pathway also is independent of the enzyme activity of xanthine oxidase.
- By inhibiting xanthine oxidase, it reduces uric acid production.
- Hypoxanthine is produced from adenine, xanthine from guanine.
- The xanthine core of caffeine contains two fused rings, a pyrimidinedione and imidazole.
- First, guanine gets deaminated to become xanthine.
- Synthesis of theobromine from xanthine was first reported in 1882 by Hermann Emil Fischer.
- In the liver, theobromine is metabolized into xanthine and subsequently into methyluric acid.
- Inhibition of xanthine oxidase has been proposed as a mechanism for improving cardiovascular health.
- *Alloxanthine is an inhibitor of xanthine oxidase.
- It is also an isostere of xanthine, the normal substrate for the enzyme.
- AO is very similar in amino acid sequence to xanthine oxidase ( XO ).
- Biologically relevant molecules identified so far include uracil, an RNA nucleobase, and xanthine.
- Xanthine oxidase inhibitors block uric acid production.
- Other enzymes capable of producing superoxide are xanthine oxidase, NADPH oxidases and cytochromes P450.
- It is degraded by xanthine dehydrogenase to 2, 8-dihydroxyadenine ( DHA ).
- "' Xanthosine "'is a nucleoside derived from xanthine and ribose.
- The active metabolite of allopurinol is oxypurinol, which is also an inhibitor of xanthine oxidase.