raceabout in a sentence
- The " Raceabout " was meant to retail for the same price as a Model T Ford.
- In 1917 Jeffkins and William B . Foulis built two prototype " Raceabouts " with minimalist two seater bodies.
- She was exceptionally fond of outdoor sports and found her greatest pleasure in motoring around Hollywood and Los Angeles in her raceabout.
- This is a model of a two-seater roadster style car, possibly based on the look and style of a Mercer Raceabout from the early 20th century.
- A similar model 1913 Mercer Raceabout, known as a Model 35J, is on permanent display at the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- Once enough capital had been raised Jeffkins and Foulis planned to mass-produce two models, the " Raceabout " and a better equipped " Standard " that had more substantial bodywork and lower gearing.
- The Amelia Island concours will offer something for every taste : a l914 Mercer Raceabout, the l965 Fred Lorenzen NASCAR winner, Don Garlit's l960 Swamp Rat 3 dragster and a Bugatti or two.
- Among other subjects this series included the 1909 Lozier-Briarcliff; 1909 Rolls Royce; 1909 Cadillac Touring Car; 1911 Stevens-Duryea Tourer; 1911 Mercer Raceabout and Touring Car, and the 1915 Model T Ford Coupelet.
- When not involved with firearms operations, Ruger was deeply involved in a variety of activities, including antique firearms, 19th century Western American art, and his nationally noted antique car collection of more than 30 vehicles, including Bentleys, Mercer Raceabout, among others.
- The " Multiplex " was claimed as the " highest expression of touring luxury ", but only 14 cars were sold in two years, which can be blamed on the very high prices : $ 3125 for the raceabout, $ 3175 for the roadster, and $ 3600 for the touring car ., thus putting the car easily in the luxury field.