rabelais in a sentence
- Rabelais, the 16th-century French satirist, studied there.
- The Observer compared them to Rabelais, The Independent to Shakespeare.
- Bled was to be buried in Rabelais Cemetery in his hometown.
- Rabelais and La Fontaine are by an as yet unidentified author.
- Some of the fanciful stories show influences of Rabelais and Boccaccio.
- Francois Rabelais'" Gargantua and Pantagruel,"
- Rabelais used proverbs to write an entire chapter of Gargantua.
- Most critics today agree that Rabelais wrote from a Christian humanist perspective.
- Rabelais taught medicine at Montpellier in 1534 and in 1539.
- Rabelais himself developed a personal set of rather complex rules.
- The last volume's attribution to Rabelais is debatable.
- Its echoes can be seen in the works of Rabelais.
- Earlier, Rabelais brought the Hebrew word into French as
- Rabelais'writing had a ribald streak and so did Dard's.
- Satirical, it also epitomises the ideals considered in Rabelais's fiction.
- Rabelais deals with these matters, among many others, in his books.
- It was the birthplace of Sir Thomas Urquhart, the translator of Rabelais.
- The works of Fran鏾is Rabelais have a number of echoes to the romance.
- The character is reminiscent of those from the Renaissance tales of Fran鏾is Rabelais.
- Akira Rabelais was born in 1966, in San Louis Obispo, California.