pacify in a sentence
- This is the horribly reasonable argument of terror that pacifies victims.
- Folk music can arouse the populace, but also pacify it.
- We are trying to pacify all Argentines after the dirty war,
- Kuwaitis want a knockout punch that will pacify their northern neighbor.
- Personal attention with yet another electronic gimmick to pacify curious youngsters.
- It is impossible to pacify them, " he says.
- Shankara Deva tried to pacify the Brahmins harassed by the Buddhists.
- Grant was optimistic that Reconstruction Acts would help pacify the South.
- He was able to pacify the nobility and restore royal power.
- He then defeated a Taira force sent to pacify the area.
- They wanted M醨quez to name Jos?Mar韆 Obando to pacify Pasto.
- Tiberius dispatched his son, Drusus, to pacify the mutineers.
- To pacify, Meenakshi and Lord Shiva came to Vaigai river.
- In response, Polish authorities decided to pacify the turbulent province.
- He promised to pacify the country and stop the insurgency.
- That will pacify the industry's muscular trade unions.
- Negotiators never will pacify Jerusalem or the entire area for that matter.
- I think the trial is here to pacify some people,
- "It's hard to pacify a minority.
- Like today, the government under Nimeiri tried to pacify the university.