pacificism in a sentence
- Lee preached pacificism, equality of the sexes and strict celibacy.
- But across the country, voices of pacificism and restraint are growing stronger.
- At the forum, Cheney was asked whether Japan was moving away from pacificism.
- He converted to pacificism while in prison.
- Sects that have emphasized pacificism as a central tenet of faith have resulted from the latter thought.
- The liberal left has forgotten the grammar of pacificism : not absolute rejection of violence but liberal noninterventionism.
- Some of the latter have formed sects that have emphasized pacificism as a central tenet of their faith.
- In Germany, where pacificism runs deep, many were angered by Albright's visit to the continent.
- Two centuries after his death, American conservatives can claim George Washington, mostly because liberals are still stuck in 1960s pacificism.
- Rustin had helped to spread pacificism and non-violence to leaders of the civil rights movement, like Martin Luther King.
- In 1816 he became a founding member of the Peace Society, a political development from his long-standing Quaker pacificism.
- Pacificism states that war can only ever be considered as a firm " last resort ", condemning both aggression and militarism.
- When he learned the truth, she thought he would be furious, but despite his declared pacificism, he was supportive and helpful.
- A medieval feminist whose life had a Christ-like parallel ( sans the pacificism ), hers is a story that still resonates.
- He described this as " proactive pacificism ", with the goal of making Japan a more " normal " country, able to defend itself.
- Wovoka believed that through pacificism, the Lakota and the rest of the Native Americans would be delivered from white oppression in the form of earthquakes.
- His thorough presentation of the case for rearmament in 1935, the son argues, defeated pacificism and secured a victory that allowed rearmament to move ahead.
- Other causes were pacificism, stimulated by the Russian Revolution and the trade-union movement, and disappointment at the non-arrival of American troops.
- Because of memories of Japan's crushing defeat in World War II in 1945, pacificism remains strong among the Japanese public, and military issues are extremely sensitive.
- "We, as representatives of the church, have always advocated the route of pacificism, " said Rev . Orbelin Jaramillo, a Catholic priest in Acapulco.
- More Sentences： 1 2