oared in a sentence
- Warships were oared sailing galleys with three to five banks of oarsmen.
- The Athenians had a maritime empire built on oared ships.
- These appear to have been mostly sailing vessels, rather than oared.
- The first eight oared race between Australian Universities was conducted in 1888.
- Sloeproeien in Rotterdam are four-oared vessels with pointed bow and sterns.
- Six mile races were held on the Raritan River among six-oared boats.
- There, he won a silver medal in the four-oared shell with coxswain.
- In sweep oared racing the rigging means the forces are staggered alternately along the boat.
- Fourteen different boat classes are raced, eight sculling events and six sweep-oared events.
- The Joseon fleet consisted of 82 " panokseon " multi-decked oared ships.
- In 1867, the town acquired its first oared railway station were opened on 3 July.
- The front of the trophy is engraved with eight-oared boats, in full swing.
- At the same time a pair oared race was also held, which attracted eight entries.
- Overesch also competed for Navy's basketball team and on its eight-oared crew.
- He won a silver medal in Eight-Oared Shell at the 1958 World Rowing Championships.
- Ebright is the only man to coach three Olympic gold medal-winning eight-oared boats.
- Instead the new governor landed at Mindoro and was transported to the capital by an oared vessel.
- Vesper s eight-oared shell took the gold medal in Paris at the 1900 Summer Olympics.
- The only U . S . disappointment occurred in the men's lightweight eight-oared final.
- The NCAA Division II championship consists of an eight-oared shells and four-oared shell competition.