oar in a sentence
- But it is always as close as an oar to water.
- Somebody would have to pull the working oar on that boat.
- Online : http : / / www . oars . com.
- We might want to insert our legislative oars into the water.
- We might want to insert our legislative oars into the water,
- The Snorri is powered by a canvas sail and wooden oars.
- His partner in the stern gamely kept pulling with both oars.
- He'll be strapped to his oar like El Cid.
- But his father, clutching an oar, was carried downstream.
- The longships had two methods of propulsion : oars and sail.
- Conventionally, a dinghy will have an oar on each side.
- A third term, steering oar, can denote both types.
- The exact arrangement of the hexareme's oars is unclear.
- Steering oars were the typical steering mechanism on larger Viking ships.
- OAR has been assisting inmates and ex-offenders since 1974.
- She was and wide, with twelve oars and fifteen crew.
- The boatman then requested him to take an oar and assist.
- The fishing vessels first used were powered by wind and oars.
- The oldest example is the galley that used sails and oars.
- There are eight rowers per boat, clinging to their oars.