oak wilt in a sentence
- Other diseases of trees to be controlled were Oak wilt and Chestnut blight.
- Oak wilt is transmitted mostly through the interconnecting root systems of live oaks.
- One caveat : Shumard oaks and live oaks are susceptible to oak wilt.
- Oak wilt is a devastating disease, killing trees rapidly in a single season.
- The beetles carry the oak wilt spores to healthy oak trees.
- And the disease she's diagnosing isn't cancer; it's oak wilt.
- By 1989, Williamson Creek Greenbelt had been infested with oak wilt, a non-native fungus.
- Burning wood with oak wilt does not spread the disease.
- Alamo is primarily recommended for treatment of oak wilt.
- Passive oak wilt control on large acreages creates short and long term problems for oaks.
- Oak wilt affects all oak species, but affects tyloses.
- Several species are important plant pathogens, causing diseases such as oak wilt and pineapple black rot.
- Photograph of spores produced by the oak wilt fungus . ( a ) Endoconidia ( b ) Conidiophore
- It causes Japanese oak wilt disease, and is spread by the ambrosia beetle ( " Platypus quercivorus " ).
- The pathogen isn't related to the oak wilt fungus, which attacks Eastern U . S . oaks, they say.
- Oak wilt usually moves from diseased trees to healthy trees through roots that have become interconnected ( root grafts ).
- The diagnosis was oak wilt, an infectious fungal disease that has been ravaging oaks in the Hill Country for decades.
- White oak group trees rarely produce spore mats, so overland spread of oak wilt "'from white oaks "'is not a problem.
- Because of this difference in porosity, red oak group trees die faster from oak wilt disease than white oak group trees.
- Symptoms of oak wilt include leaves with veins that turn yellow or brown, while the rest of the leaf stays green.