nailery in a sentence
- He also had a nailery, coke ovens, and a washer built.
- Jame Hubbard was a slave in the nailery who ran away on two occasions.
- In the 19th century, the site included a sawmill, gristmill, fulling mill, nailery, and furniture factory.
- Burwell Colbert, who started his working life as a child in Monticello's Nailery, was later promoted to the supervisory position of butler.
- The main enterprise at Monticello was not a plantation tilled by the hard labor of slaves but a " nailery " where they learned a trade.
- Slaves in the mansion, mill, and nailery reported to one general overseer appointed by Jefferson, and he hired many overseers, some of whom were considered cruel at the time.
- Along a prominent lane adjacent to the house, Mulberry Row, the plantation came to include numerous outbuildings for specialized functions, e . g ., a nailery; quarters for domestic slaves; gardens for flowers, produce, and Jefferson's experiments in plant breeding & mdash; along with tobacco fields and mixed crops.