naevus in a sentence
- The eighth Naevus studio album, " Curses ", is due for release in 2016.
- Imagine being born with a naevus birthmark that is brown and hairy and covers one-fourth of your face.
- In the book's present Targo reappears again, still with his dogs, without the naevus, but with a private menagerie.
- His exploits are meant to draw attention to Naevus 2000 France-Europe, which helps children with a rare skin disorder known as giant congenital nevus.
- The seventh Naevus album, " The Division of Labour ", was completed by Lloyd James as a solo effort and was released in May 2012.
- His exploits are meant to draw attention to an association, Naevus 2000 France-Europe, that helps children with a rare skin disorder known as giant congenital nevus.
- Freund's first experiment was a tragic failure; he applied x-rays to a naevus in order to induce epilation and a deep ulcer resulted, which resisted further treatment by radiation.
- The luminous cone of the tympanic membrane is named after him, as well as the Unna-Politzer naevus, a typical birthmark found on the nape of the neck in 25 to 50 % of normal persons.
- Jacqueline Sailer, a former partner at the firm, prevailed in " Naevus Intl ., Inc . v . AT & T Corp . ", in which the court established limits on the reach of the Federal Communications Act on state consumer fraud claims, and " Kinney v . Metro Global Media, Inc . ", in which the court addressed the pleading standard for fraud under the District of Rhode Island.
- These include : acromegaly ( excessive growth hormone levels due to pituitary gland tumours ), excessive drug use that mimics acromegaly ( including the injection of growth hormone itself and drugs that stimulate growth hormone output, such as GHRP-6 and CJC-1295 ), melanocytic naevi ( moles ), birthmarks ( including connective tissue naevi, fibromas and naevus lipomatosus ), and inflammatory processes ( e . g ., eczema, psoriasis, Darier disease, folliculitis, impetigo, atopic dermatitis, acne ).
- Though not every patient has all features, commonly found signs include macrocephaly, congenital macrosomia, extensive cutaneous capillary malformation ( naevus flammeus or port-wine stain type birthmark over much of the body; a capillary malformation of the upper lip or philtrum is seen in many patients with this condition ), body asymmetry ( also called hemihyperplasia or hemihypertrophy ), polydactyly or syndactyly of the hands and feet, lax joints, doughy skin, variable developmental delay and other neurologic problems such as seizures and low muscle tone.
- Synonyms include : " Linear nevus sebaceous syndrome ( LNSS ), " " Schimmelpenning-Feuerstein-Mims syndrome, " " Feuerstein-Mims syndrome, " " sebaceous nevus syndrome, " " Solomon syndrome, " and " Jadassohn's nevus phakomatosis . " " Nevus " is sometimes spelled " naevus " and " sebaceous " may also be spelled " sebaceus . " " Epidermal nevus syndrome " is sometimes used as a synonym, but more often as a broader term referring to Schimmelpenning syndrome in addition to nevus comedonicus syndrome, CHILD syndrome, Becker s nevus syndrome, and phakomatosis pigmentokeratotica.