nacreous in a sentence
- The shell is nacreous, with delicate suffused splashes of brown.
- The hindwings are bright nacreous ( resembling mother of pearl ).
- Scalation may either be metallic, nacreous ( calico ) or matte.
- The nacreous layer of monoplacophoran shells appears to have undergone some modification.
- The nacreous layer is excessively thin, especially in the typical form.
- The luster ranges from vitreous to nacreous and silky ( if fibrous ).
- Its nacreous ceramic exterior is said to change color at different viewing angles.
- The interior is nacreous, with blue-green and fiery-red reflections
- The umbilicus and its margin are pure white, the aperture nacreous green.
- The aperture is more produced and the golden-nacreous appearance is wanting.
- Veiltails are available in many colors and may have either metallic or nacreous scales.
- Conversely, the nacreous layer is derived from the main surface of the mantle.
- Like noctilucent clouds, nacreous clouds are rare for our latitude here in South Florida.
- The shell is more or less nacreous all over under a thin porcellanous upper layer.
- In the living animal, the interior of the valves is nacreous and tinged pink.
- But the beauty of pearls is literally a reflection of their surface and subsurface nacreous layers.
- The mirror had now completely pearled, with nacreous yellows and purples rippling the silver-gray.
- When the transition to nacre secretion occurs, the brown pebble becomes covered with a nacreous coating.
- The nacreous layer of the aragonite fossil shells of some extinct ammonites forms an iridescent material called ammolite.
- Those that show mother-of-pearl colors are given the name " nacreous ".