labium in a sentence
- Their labium can shoot out from the head using blood pressure.
- In total, there are six mouthparts besides the labium : two labrum.
- In place of the labium, crustaceans possess a second pair of maxillae.
- These two elements are coupled a the flue exit and at the labium.
- The labium length is 52 % of its width.
- The block has survived, but the labium is damaged, making the instrument unplayable.
- Some modern recorder makers now produce curved labium lip voicings to add harmonic tone color.
- The labium forms a proboscis which is used to channel liquid food to the oesophagus.
- Following the third law of Newton the labium exerts an opposite reaction force on the flow.
- The labium possesses six large cuspules.
- Insects have mouth parts in various shapes depending on their feeding habits . labium or lower lip.
- Unlike the mandibles, but like the labium, the maxillae bear lateral palps on their stipites.
- The insect mouthparts consist of the maxilla, labium, and in some species, the mandibles.
- The maxillae form needle-like structures, called stylets, which are enclosed by the labium.
- The fang appendages ( labium ) which covers the mouth opening has an indentation at the tip.
- Adjoining these is the labium-hypopharynx which houses a tubular spinneret which is able to extrude silk.
- Their mouthparts are modified, with the labium being adapted into a unique prehensile organ for grasping prey.
- When the vacuum under the window is large enough, the airstream is pulled under the Labium lip.
- Some vessel flutes have a fipple to direct the air onto the labium edge, like a recorder.
- The oscillation of the jet around the labium results into a fluctuating force of the airflow on the labium.