labellum in a sentence
- A 2 3 mm long nectar spur projects behind the labellum.
- Ordinarily the labellum presents contrasting colors, frequently with white areas.
- The base of the labellum is marked with narrow white lines.
- It is the only Western Australian caladenia with a clubbed labellum.
- Often, the orchid labellum is divided into three or more lobes.
- The labellum has three or four lobes and an elongated low callus.
- The callus plate extends for the length of the labellum.
- The latter species has a white base to the labellum.
- The latter species lacks the white base to the labellum.
- The petals and calli along the centre of the labellum.
- Pollinators are often visually attracted by the shape and colours of the labellum.
- The rather small glabrous labellum has a green color.
- In " Stylidium " the labellum is triggered and sheds pollen.
- The male wasp tires of trying to remove the labellum and flies off.
- The labellum is rigid and consists of two parts.
- It has lavender pink flowers with a whiter labellum.
- The broad central lip or labellum is bent downwards.
- Many are particularly valued for the large showy labellum.
- The species is a labellum, or the tip petal of the flower.
- It has a free labellum and eight pollinia.