labarum in a sentence
- This richly ornamented standard was called " labarum ".
- Most prominent among the early Byzantine flags was the " labarum ".
- The labarum is still used today by the Orthodox Church in the Sunday service.
- As for the labarum itself, there is little evidence for its use before 317.
- He made extensive use of the Chi-Rho and the labarum later in the conflict with Licinius.
- By association of ideas, labarum can refer just to the monogram itself, or even just the cross.
- He made more extensive use of the Chi-Rho and the Labarum later, during the conflict with Licinius.
- Emperor Constantine's labarum, a standard incorporating the wreathed Chi-Rho, from an antique silver medal.
- Constantine used the Chi Rho on his standard and his coins showed a labarum with the Chi Rho killing a serpent.
- Eusebius stated that in addition to the singular labarum of Constantine, other similar standards ( labara ) were issued to the Roman army.
- The Labarum is also used, within the North American higher education system, as the symbol for the National Fraternity of Alpha Chi Rho
- However, Father Fidel Fita thought the relation reversed, " labarum " being adapted from Basque in Octavian Augustus'time.
- One soldier, looking at Constantine rather than the vision, points with the labarum, or military standard, to the next scene.
- At the focal point of the basilica, a stone statue of Constantine holding the Christian " labarum " in its hand was erected.
- When fused within a single typespace with the Greek letter Rho, it is called the labarum and used to represent the person of Jesus Christ.
- Eusebius then continues to describe the labarum, the military standard used by Constantine in his later wars against Licinius, showing the Chi-Rho sign.
- Christian tradition, especially Lactantius and Eusebius of Caesarea, claims that Constantine fought under the labarum in that battle, revealed to him in a dream.
- Eusebius then continues to describe the Labarum, the military standard used by Constantine in his later wars against Licinius, showing the Chi-Rho sign.
- This episode depicts the moments just before the Battle of Milvian Bridge, as Constantine ( already crowned with a victor's laurels ) presents his labarum.
- Ancient sources draw an unambiguous distinction between the two terms " labarum " and " Chi-Rho ", even though later usage sometimes regards the two as synonyms.
How can I put and write and define labarum in a sentence
and how is the word labarum used in a sentence and examples? 用labarum造句
, labarum meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.