kalong in a sentence
- Kalong Ningkan was of mixed Kwangtung Province, China in 1870.
- Before he left, the Governor appointed Stephen Kalong Ningkan as the first Chief Minister of Sarawak.
- Yesterday the Khok Kalong area in Tambon Sungai Padi of Narathiwat's Sungai Kolok district was the worst hit.
- This crisis was started by a group of politicians who were dissatisfied towards Stephen Kalong Ningkan's leadership as chief minister.
- Khuan Kalong was split off from Mueang district in 1969, from which in turn Tha Pae was split in 1976 and Manang in 1996.
- On 3 October 2000, The Dalai Lama approved the amendment of the Charter regarding the election of the Kalong Tripa and the other Kalons.
- He is very tired and very restless, " said Kalong Tashi Wangdi, minister for religion and culture in the Dalai Lama's administration.
- Tan Sri Datuk Amar "'Stephen Kalong Ningkan "'( 1920 1997 ) was the first Chief Minister of Sarawak ( 1963 1966 ).
- "' Hidayatuddeneyah Mosque "'( ) is located at 30 / 1 M . 7 Baan Kohyai Tumbol Thungnui Amphoe Khuan Kalong, Satun, Thailand.
- In Terengganu, its first industrial estate was in the Jakar Industrial Area in 1979, followed by Gong Badak, Telok Kalong and Marang involving an investment of about RM52 million.
- Fire chief Sanit Kittisittho said officials had earlier thought that the fire at Khok Kalong was under control and so shifted manpower to another area but the flames had come back to life.
- Stephen Kalong Ningkan, the then president of the Sarawak National Party ( SNAP ), became the first Chief Minister of Sarawak, while Wong became the state's first deputy Chief Minister.
- Siswa / siswi started their studies in a temporary Tati campus at the College of Religious Sultan Zainal Abidin ( KUSZA ) before moving to the permanent campus in the Gulf Kalong, Kemaman, in 1996.
- As police and the army stormed the building, militants holed up inside opened fire, killing Sgt Maj Pongsathorn Niraphai of the Bannang Sata police station and Sergeant Major 3rd Class Sangsun Kalong, 39, a soldier.
- Mahathir would not want to direct support to Rahman's or Taib's group because he would not want to be blamed if another non-Muslim bumiputera chief minister in Sarawak was installed after Stephen Kalong Ningkan and Tawi Sli.
- Among the founders were Stephen Kalong Ningkan, who become its secretary-general, J . S . Tinker ( Chairman ), Edward Howell, Edwin Howell, Ivory Kedit, Mathew Dana Ujai, David Lawrence Usit, Nyipa Julin and Lionel Bediman Anak Ketit.
- Over the next several years Saeroen continued to work as a journalist while opening several hotels in Cipayung with bat-themed names, including Kampret, Kalong ( roundleaf bats ); he is also reported to have helped raise the children of Titien Sumarni after the actress'death.
- The first Sarawak chief minister was Datuk Stephen Kalong Ningkan who was removed as the chief minister in 1966 after court proceedings and amendments to both Sarawak state constitution and Malaysian federal constitution due to some disagreements with Malaya with regards to the 18-point Agreement as conditions for Malaysia Formation.
- Since Merdeka, four emergencies have been proclaimed, in 1964 ( a nationwide emergency due to the Indonesia-Malaysia confrontation ), 1966 ( Sarawak only, due to the Stephen Kalong Ningkan political crisis ), 1969 ( nationwide emergency due to the 13 May riots ) and 1977 ( Kelantan only, due to a state political crisis ).
- The constituency contains the polling districts of Pangkal Pisang, Peringat, Kampung Padang, Badak Mati, Bechah Keranji, Padang Kala, Lachang, Buloh Poh, Padang Raja, Melor, Melor Lama, Tegayong, Kampung Kor, Berangan, Perol, Kadok, Kampung Talang, Beta Hulu, Kedai Piah, Dusun Rendah, Binjal, But Chengal, Kampung Gondang, Padang Tengah, Ketereh, Padang Lembek, Hutan Pasir, Kampung Guntong, Pangkal Kalong, Kedai Kok Lanas, Setek, Kampung Batu Tinggi, Kampung Sokor.