kalevala meter in a sentence
- He was known for using Kalevala meter in his poems.
- The Veps are the only Baltic Finnish people with no significant corpus of Kalevala meter oral poetry.
- It is also rich in preserved prose stories, and poetic forms other than those complying with Kalevala meter.
- Kirby's translation, which carefully reproduces the Kalevala meter, was a major influence on the writings of J . R . R . Tolkien, who first read it in his teens.
- The Baltic Finns share a common cultural heritage : the art of ancient " rune " ( poem ) singing in the Kalevala meter, estimated to be 2, 500 & ndash; 3, 000 years old.
- In non-initial syllables, it is ambiguous if long vowels are vowel clusters poems written in the Kalevala meter often syllabicate between the vowels, and an ( etymologically original ) intervocalic "-h-" is seen in this and some modern dialects ( e . g . " taivaan " vs . " taivahan " " of the sky " ).