kalends in a sentence
- Oct . Every month begins on the ninth day before the kalends.
- The Chronicon Scotorum give his obit as-" Annal CS1024 Kalends.
- Stacy Szymaszek : hyper glossia . 79 . Mairead Byrne : Kalends . 78.
- On the Feast of Venus on the Kalends.
- The " rex " held a sacrifice on the Kalends of each month.
- His obit is given in the Chronicon Scotorum as follows-" Annal CS1119 Kalends.
- His obit is given in the Chronicon Scotorum as follows- Annal CS990 Kalends.
- The Western date of Christmas was chosen to coincide with the Roman midwinter festival of Kalends.
- Nov . " = on the third day before the November Kalends = 30 October.
- Each Kalends was sacred to Jupiter.
- She was placed [ here ] 15 days before the Kalends of May [ 17 April ].
- It is followed for eight days after the solstice with a festival called Kalenda culminating with the Kalends of January.
- Columella specifies that sloping ground should be ploughed between the Kalends ( 1st ) and the Ides ( 13th ).
- The remaining, unnamed days of the month were identified by counting backwards from the kalends, nones or the ides.
- The rite took place on the kalends of October, the month marking the end of the yearly military activity in ancient Rome.
- The first day of the month was the Kalends ( or Calends, from which the English word " calendar " derives ).
- All the chroniclers agree on the date variously expressed as 18 April, 14th kalends of May or the feast of Saint Ursmar.
- Sept . ", " the 8th day before the Kalends of September, " but on the Julian calendar " X Kal.
- In 1-12 " Kalends of February " Cassius is plotting the downfall of Caesar, along with Brutus, Servilia, Casca and Quintus Pompey.
- The name might have been derived from the Latin " Kalendae " or Kalends, the first day of the month in the Roman calendar.