jackboots in a sentence
- The way Todd's windshield wipers sound like marching jackboots.
- Those people saw a monarchy crumble under the jackboots of dictatorship.
- Does he wear jackboots and speak with a Teutonic accent?
- This isn't a jackboot on the face of the brave.
- He described Howard as " Jackboot Johnny ."
- Several defendants sported shaved heads and jackboots in court Monday.
- Up in the tree with the effigy hung a British cavalry jackboot.
- News goes out that Himmler, a prominent Jackboot, is coming.
- Following, he sees her thrown into a boxcar by a Jackboot.
- No leather jackets, jackboots or stiff-armed salutes were in evidence.
- These are not killers in jackboots or maniacs with long-range artillery.
- In political cartoons, he was invariably depicted in jackboots, resembling Mussolini.
- Think Amazon warrior princess in high-heeled jackboots.
- The hobnailed jackboot has a different design and function than the first type.
- Yet his simple narrative sentences tread like jackboots over the reader's consciousness.
- They put me in jackboots and a helmet, and say I am Hitler.
- Parade dress substituted the steel helmet and jackboots.
- "Jackboot tactics " refer to brutally bullying, militaristic or authoritarian measures.
- Cruel history has taught us that we dare not ignore the first sounds of jackboots.
- Grudgingly, we will surrender our jackboots.