jackanapes in a sentence
- Buchanan, trying to recover : " No . Jackanapes.
- "You impertinent jackanapes, " his father wrote him.
- There Jackanapes rides to the rescue of the wounded and dismounted Tom.
- I was going to call him a jackanapes.
- Nobody calls anyone a jackanapes these days . You remind me of the soup nazi.
- Gertrude Jekyll, the English landscape gardener, named hers Jackanapes, after her pet monkey.
- Network notes were parodied at the beginning of the episode " Day of the Jackanapes ".
- Following its home video release, " Day of the Jackanapes " received positive reviews from critics.
- The tips which appear in the game's News, which is updated regularly, use terms such as " Jackanapes ".
- Baseball has been the prime sporting diversion on this land mass for more than a century, providing us with assorted heroes and jackanapes on a daily basis.
- Similarly, you have to smile at the idea of terrorist jackanapes thinking they can ever master this city enough to find the mayor's downtown crisis center.
- In the episode " Day of the Jackanapes ", it is shown that Krusty can remember Sideshow Bob's name, but not Sideshow Mel's.
- Unfortunately he was not noted for tact or intelligence Melbourne's sister Emily Lamb, Countess Cowper, described him as universally regarded as " an ass and a jackanapes ".
- "Day of the Jackanapes " was written by Al Jean and directed by Michael Marcantel and features recurring guest star Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob, as well as Gary Coleman as himself.
- Jackanapes nobly replies to Tom's entreaties to save himself, " Leave you " ? " To save my skin " ? " No, Tom, not to save my soul ".
- The twins hire James to work undercover at a gamer colony called, GAME and there James uncovers other mysteries including a number of suicides among Billy's friends, known as " the Jackanapes ".
- :: :'Presumptive candidates'would be best in this context .'Presumptuous jackanapes'would be more accurate, however .-- Ludwigs 2 20 : 28, 30 August 2010 ( UTC)
- With his back to the audience Richardson thumped forward to welcome the new king, his whilom jackanapes; and after the key-cold rebuke which is his answer, the old man turned, his face red and working in furious tics to hide his tears.
- The song would appear to have its origins in the fiction of the Victorian children's writer Juliana Horatia Ewing, whose book " Jackanapes " was a story about the eponymous hero and his friend Tom, who having ridden wooden horses as two little boys end up together on a battlefield.
- He stated : " Sire I have always thought that a sprinkling of nobility was very desirable in the Navy, as it gives some sort of consequence to the service; but at present the Navy is so overrun by the younger branches of nobility, and the sons of Members of Parliament and they so swallow up all the patronage and so choke the channel to promotion, that the son of an old Officer, however meritorious both their services may have been, has little or no chance of getting on . " He continued on " I would rather promote the son of an old deserving Officer than of any noble in the land . " In a letter dated 18 October 1806 to Viscount Howick, then the First Lord . " If you will, my good Lord, bring a bill into Parliament to disqualify any Officer under the rank of Rear-Admiral to sit in the House of Commons, the Navy may be preserved; but while a little, drunken, worthless jackanapes is permitted to hold the seditious language he has done, in the presence of Flag-officers of rank, you will require a man of greater health and vigour than I possess to command your fleets . " Presumably St Vincent was referring to a particular member of Parliament although his feelings on the subject remain clear.