jack sprat in a sentence
- And a few others, all but " Jack Sprat " i've never heard of before.
- If guilt begins to overcome you, go to church and light a candle for poor old Jack Sprat.
- One is elitist, a Jack Sprat of collecting, and the other is populist, the wife who eats no lean.
- Penny, his rail-thin Jack Sprat wife and the family's real breadwinner, works at the local Safeway as a checkout clerk.
- The main character Jack Spratt is based on Jack Sprat, and the secondary character is Mary Mary, both from nursery rhymes.
- A little more background : John, long an admirer of Jack Sprat, gets sullen and moody when he has to ingest too much fat.
- Whereas her tablecloths and napkins were minimalist, her tea towels were playful, particularly designs such as " Jack Sprat " and " Too Many Cooks " ( 1959 ).
- Duck legs have been my secret ingredient ever since the day I thought about making confit for the first time and had a very Jack Sprat reaction to the recipe.
- Randy Johnson was the awkward one of the two, a tall campus curiosity as skinny as Jack Sprat with a slingshot of an arm but the aim of a water gun.
- I have used the moniker Jack Sprat as that is my normal moniker, but on an AC / DC fan site, I use the moniker Jack B . Nimble, and have chosen to use that moniker as well.
- Though the Hoggetts have their moments ( they're a Jack Sprat sight gag, if nothing else ), the bulk of the story is carried by the animals whose barnyard interaction becomes a microcosm for some sly social satire.
- Along the winding park trails, visitors encounter cottages and attractions which tell the story of the Three Little Pigs, Jack Sprat, Hansel and Gretel, various princesses, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, the Statue of Liberty, and the Spider Man.
- In fact, the most likable couple are a modern version of Jack Sprat and his wife, a man who's so thin that he looks like a concentration-camp victim, and his wife, who has eaten herself into an opposite grotesquerie.
- After blazing underground radio and live shows around New York City with their lyrics and knowledge of self-based content, they were listed in " The Source " magazine as the best unsigned rap group of 1989 . The crew was then managed by longtime friend Jack Pope ( Jack Sprat, Starving Artists Entertainment ), who later became the road manager of the Gravediggaz.