jack post in a sentence
- NOTE : Drawing captioned " JACK POST " goes with this column.
- CAPTION : Jack posts need solid concrete foundation under each base that is at least 12 inches thick.
- Q : We are going to install two telescoping jack posts in our basement to raise the sagging floor in our kitchen.
- The way to shore up the joists is to set a beam against the ceiling and support it with temporary jack posts.
- You should be able to correct the problem by installing a couple of adjustable jack posts in the basement under the sagging floor.
- Jack posts are mostly used for shoring : temporary supports during building repair or alteration work, rather than scaffolding : access platforms for workers.
- A : Most concrete basement floors are only four inches thick, and this is really not thick enough to properly support an adjustable jack post.
- You should be able to correct both problems by installing two or more adjustable jack posts or lolly columns in the basement under that sagging floor.
- Former SYN presenters include Australian media personalities Hamish and Andy, Jack Post, Ryan Shelton, The Barefoot Investor Scott Pape, Zan Rowe and comedians Tom & Olly.
- Then fill this hole with concrete up to the level of the existing floor and allow this to cure for several days before setting the jack posts on top.
- A "'jack post "'( telepost, adjustable steel column ) is a steel post used in the construction trades for temporary support of ceilings, walls and trenches ( shoring ).
- A : If the sag is not too serious it may be possible to jack the floor up in stages by using two telescoping steel jack posts under the floor beams.
- A heavy cross beam is positioned under the sagging floor beams and the jack posts are placed under each end, then raised gradually as per the directions supplied with such posts.
- He recovered with the help of a nurse named Julia Larrabee and her son J . J . Julia tried to hang on to Jack post-amnesia and then seduced his cousin Holden.
- Q : Some years ago a telescoping jack post was installed under one of the beams in my basement to provide support for a stone fireplace on the main floor above it.
- The term " jack post " is one of many describing the same system, other names include any assortment of " adjustable ", " steel ", " jack " and " shoring " with " post ", " column " and " prop ", depending on their precise construction-the " jack " refers to examples with a jack screw to adjust the precise length of the post.