jack pine in a sentence
- Over half of the forest land is wetlands interspersed with Jack pine.
- The larvae of ssp . " largera " feed on jack pine exclusively.
- The larvae feed on various hard pines, including jack pine and pitch pine.
- The top of the mountain has glacial erratics and jack pines.
- Unlike grass-grazing mammoths, mastodons probably chewed jack pines, white spruce and possibly fish.
- This species is often found in sphagnum bogs surrounded by jack pine trees.
- The rising sun gilds the aspen, birch and jack pine trees at water's edge.
- Some jack pines are shrub-sized, due to poor growing conditions.
- The area is heavily forested, containing jack pine, and oak.
- They cut white pine, red pine, spruce pulp logs, and jack pine axe ties.
- Today, jack pine occur upland, with wet prairies and conifer bogs in the lowlands.
- Jack pines are also susceptible to scleroderris canker ( " Gremmeniella abietina " ).
- There are also jack pine barrens and eastern arborvitae swamps.
- Jack pine cones are usually and curved at the tip.
- A combination of jack pine and northern pin oak dominated the park before European settlement.
- The Nordhouse Dunes are interspersed with woody vegetation such as jack pine, juniper and hemlock.
- The larvae feed on various hard pines, including Jack pine, Pitch pine and Red pine.
- The Nordhouse Dunes are interspersed with woody vegetation such as juniper, jack pine and hemlock.
- Jack Pine, Lodgepole Pine, White Spruce, Butternut, Manchurian Walnut and Black Walnut have survived in Edmonton.
- Tom Thomson's painting, " The Jack Pine ", was inspired by the scenery in this area.