ice ax in a sentence
- I got my team anchored to the mountain with their ice axes.
- They stopped their slide by sticking ice axes in the snow, Walkinshaw said.
- Early ice axes had picks and adzes of about equal lengths.
- Penberthy also introduced metal-shafted ice axes; metal axes have replaced earlier wooden-shaft designs.
- Layers and layers of clothing, big plastic snow boots, harness, ice ax, crampons.
- An ice ax would be reassuring on the most exposed sections.
- __ Kearsarge Pass : Passable, but one ranger recommends an ice ax anyway.
- He is buried in the cemetery here, his ice ax embedded in stone.
- He experimented with pick and blade issues with ice axes.
- Self-arresting is when a climber stops his or her fall with an ice ax.
- When he turned 95 he received a mountain-climbing ice ax.
- Near a lectern, four rangers stood silently holding ice axes and helmets and crampons.
- The vice president lifted his ice ax into the air.
- In snowy areas, crampons and ice axes are recommended.
- We have equipment from the period _ basically just an ice ax and a rope.
- Some routes require climbing equipment such as ropes and ice axes, some even need crampons.
- Two technical ice axes : about $ 300 each.
- He was OK, though he had a gash in his leg-- likely from an ice ax.
- A ranger recommends an ice ax due to the steepness of the trail near the pass.
- To cross a glacier the use of a rope, crampons and ice axes are usually required.