iamb in a sentence
- The first two lines actually contain anapaests in place of iambs.
- In this case, each iamb is underscored with a flap step.
- A line of iambic pentameter comprises five consecutive iambs.
- International Advisory and Monitoring Board : http : / / www . iamb . info
- Note that Shakespeare does not rigidly follow a pattern of five iambs per line.
- The term " iamb " originally applied to the quantitative meter of classical poetry.
- Crowd that oohed and aahed at onomatopoeic iambs
- In English accentual-syllabic verse, iambic trimeter is a line comprising three iambs.
- The IAMB started negotiating with the CPA to appoint an external auditor in December 2003.
- Also, the third anceps of the iambic trimeter line must be short in limping iambs.
- Here, " iamb " refers to an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable.
- Iraq contract audit : http : / / www . iamb . info / auditrep / disburse101204 . pdf
- Of its fourteen lines, the first thirteen are unbroken while the last is made of three iambs.
- The IAMB still exists and is playing a role in the investigations into the CPA's financial management.
- With input from the IAMB accounting firm KPMG was appointed to audit the CPA's expenditures from the DFI.
- As the examples show, iambic pentameter need not consist entirely of iambs, nor need it have ten syllables.
- On June 22, 2004, in a final press release before the CPA's authority expired, the IAMB stated:
- The Coalition was only authorized to expend funds so long as they cooperatived in the IAMB's oversight of those expenditures.
- The IAMB had serious concerns over the CPA's lack of transparency and lack of adequate financial controls, which were never resolved.
- Until the 14th century, the half-foot could begin with two anapests instead of three iambs ( Kambylis, A . 1995.