face saving in a sentence
- Germany's face saving goal was scored by Jan Walle during injury time.
- He said apologizing would amount to mere " political face saving ."
- Egypt's victory, however, is little more than a face saving win.
- But the peace deal leaves the Yugoslav dictator plenty of room for face saving.
- In a face saving gesture, they did so.
- Thomson ( 29 ) and Germon shared a face saving 42 runs for the eighth wicket.
- ElRoy Face saved three games despite never entering later than the eighth inning in his four appearances.
- Amy's golf shot to the monster's face saves her and they make a run for the bridge.
- The coalition resisted Congress's demands, even after the party offered a face saving measure in a letter Wednesday.
- The Economic Times newspaper said a " face saving formula is being worked out to resolve the imbroglio ."
- But Klaas Van Noortwijk and Bastian Zuiderent resurrected the innings with a fighting stand to post a face saving total.
- But all-rounder Arshad Laiq and Shaukat Dukanwala shared a face saving 80 runs for the ninth batting out the overs.
- Flamengo came back with a face saving goal by Renato Gaucho in the 72nd, but had nothing to follow it up.
- Suggestions contributed by the parties remain anonymous, thus avoiding the face saving problem of accepting a suggestion made by another party.
- But Andrew Harris and Kevin Dean frustrated the visitors for 46 minutes in adding a face saving 51 runs before Jones declared.
- "The fiscal 1998 budget is nothing but face saving for Hashimoto's administration, " said Mamoru Yamaguchi, an economist at Nikko Research Center.
- There is a lot of " face saving " involved as well as a genuine wish not to embarrass the other party.
- Kocharian said he could accept a token role for Azerbaijan in the enclave to allow it a measure of " face saving ."
- Political face saved, Cellucci will now bow to the inevitable, letting the board award the commissioner's job to David Driscoll, the interim commissioner.
- I have had a number of articles listed as candidates for transwiki to wiktionary ( e . g . cattiness, tattling, face saving ).