earless in a sentence
- The killers left more than 70 earless corpses strewn among burning huts.
- Phocids are known as true or " earless " seals.
- It belongs to the earless owl genus " Strix ".
- Either it is'the one who is earless'or'large eared '.
- It is sometimes referred to as the "'western earless lizard " '.
- "' Earless lizards "'are two habitats of the southwestern United States and Mexico.
- Other than occasional vagrants, among the seals only the Phocidae, or earless seals, are represented.
- These rare, blind, earless carnivores spend most of their time underground; little is known about them.
- Eyeless, earless, brainless, they pulse in primitive slow-motion, trailing frilly, venomous tentacles behind.
- The WildEarth Guardians are also behind the petition to list the Spot-Tailed Earless Lizard under the Endangered Species Act.
- Here all these years I figured history was full of earless, lipless people walking the plank and getting devoured by sharks.
- Among the rich variety of reptiles and amphibians are crocodiles and the earless monitor lizard ( " Lanthanotus borneensis " ).
- The Spanish conquistador with his superior weapons, cavalry and the inside knowledge of the earless Muisca killed 4000 guecha warriors of Tundama.
- At birth the joey is hairless, blind, and earless, and only about 20 mm ( 0.79 in ) long.
- Harbor seals, which are shy and less mobile on land than the sea lions that populate Pier 39, are also earless and barkless.
- Similar body shapes are found in the earless seals and the eared seals : they still have four legs, but these are strongly modified for swimming.
- This is the main method used by molluscs such as slugs and snails, and also large flatworms, some other worms, and even earless seals.
- Goannas are rare, as are the striped legless lizard in tussocky grassland, the pink-tailed worm-lizard, and the grassland earless dragon.
- Their ears are rather difficult to see; this is why their genus name, " Aotus " ( meaning " earless " ) was chosen.
- As of 1996, the following reptiles have been observed-marbled gecko, four-toed earless skink, peninsula dragon and four-toed earless skink.