dabchick in a sentence
- Dabchicks, with their stunted wings, giggle and scoot among the lily pads.
- In theatre, Aristophanes's 414 BC dabchick, waxwing, vulture, woodpecker.
- In 1940 she was transferred to the Ministry of War Transport ( MoWT ) and renamed " Empire Dabchick ".
- The dabchick, Africa's smallest waterfowl, looks like a fairy godmother experiment gone wrong : a mouse changed into a duck.
- The early sailors sailed with a Dabchick sailing dinghy, self-build in the Blue room, the function room of the Marine Hotel.
- Wildfowl abound, with reports of cuckoos, warblers, swallows, little ringed plover, yellow wagtail, ring ouzel, wheatear, chiffchaff and dabchicks.
- The Mersea Week is a week-long August festival of boat racing organised by the West Mersea Yacht Club and Dabchicks Sailing Club, established in 1973.
- "Empire Dabchick " was a member of Convoy ON 98, which departed from Liverpool on 26 May and arrived at Halifax on 11 June.
- "Empire Dabchick " was a member of Convoy ON 37, which departed from Liverpool on 15 November and dispersed at sea on 20 November at.
- "Empire Dabchick " was a member of Convoy ON 136, which departed from Liverpool on 3 October and arrived at New York on 26 October.
- In dawn's glow, a few fish mouths and a lot of frog mouths dappled the otherwise flat surface, and the only sounds were those of dabchicks and redknobbed coots.
- "Kisnop " had been renamed " Empire Dabchick " by 16 June 1941, when she arrived at the Cape Breton, Canada, arriving on 19 September.
- Owl, hawk and woodpecker sightings are frequently reported in the Japanese media; dabchicks and moorhens have become so accustomed to humans that they can even be seen nesting in reeds near busy sidewalks.
- Other migratory water birds that visit the sanctuary include pintail, common teal, dabchick, shoveler, coot, spot-bill duck, grey heron, darter, black-winged stilt, and garganey gadwall.
- "Empire Dabchick " departed Cardiff on 1 March for Milford Haven, She then joined Convoy XB4, which departed Halifax on 26 March and arrived at Boston, Massachusetts, United States on 29 March.
- The birds recorded include coot, dabchick ( also known as little grebe ), teal, mallard, tufted duck and moorhen are to be found on the open water along with heron, water rail and snipe at the water's edge.
- Rajakkamangalam estauary and Azhathangarai marshy land is considered as one of the breeding and feeding ground for many birds like Painted stork, cormorant, spot billed pelicans, purple swaphen, dabchick, garganey, purple heron, open bill stork, black winged stilt, etc.
- It has been used for marine and aviation applications since WWII . Most notable is the British de Havilland Mosquito bomber, which was primarily made using a moulded sandwich of two layers of birch plywood around a Dabchick sailing dinghy, which is still sailed by large numbers of teenagers.
- She left the convoy at the Cape Cod Canal on 28 March and sailed to New York, arriving on 1 April . " Empire Dabchick " then made a voyage to Baltimore, Maryland and back before she departed from New York on 17 April for Halifax, arriving on 20 April.
- On 16 July, she departed Pubnico for Halifax and New York, where she arrived on 27 July . " Empire Dabchick " departed from New York on 22 August for Cape Cod Bay, Massachusetts, She then joined Convoy SC 98, which departed that day and arrived at Liverpool on 13 September.
- More Sentences： 1 2