baba au rhum in a sentence
- The trolley packed with arcane rums for the baba au rhum is a nice touch.
- The baba au rhum stood out, a golden brown Twinkie filled with a cumulus cloud of dense pastry cream.
- The modern baba au rhum ( rum baba ), with dried fruit and soaking in rum, was invented in the rue Montorgueil in Paris, France, in 1835 or before.
- I'm sure I was years from the legal drinking age when I first had a baba au rhum, a briochelike confection oozing vanilla syrup with a touch of boozy sharpness.
- A "'rum baba "'or "'baba au rhum "'is a small yeast cake saturated in syrup made with hard liquor, usually rum, and sometimes filled with whipped cream or pastry cream.
- Desserts range from classics like cherry clafouti, tarte Tatin, chocolate mousse, baba au rhum and walnut tart to the less familiar fresh cheese with honey, tea-poached pears with star anise and cloves, lavender-honey ice cream, and a prune and Armagnac souffle.
- At a party of old college chums, food writer and host Fabiana Badra used fresh fruit-- strawberries, star fruit and oranges ( including one small variety eaten unpeeled )-- to accompany some of the best baba au rhum I've ever eaten.
- RECOMMENDED DISHES : Pheasant veloute, scallops and caviar in watercress vichyssoise, foie gras on lentils, venison medallion Rossini style, duckling with rouennaise sauce, canneloni with cepe marmalade, pan-glazed scallops with pumpkin chutney and white truffles, baba au rhum, raspberry and pistachio napoleon.
- A cook who wants to know how to make French basics like puff pastry, cream puffs or genoise, or even a tarte Tatin, must look elsewhere, which I found puzzling, considering that Daley does provide instructions for other classics, like brioche, babas au rhum, pots de creme and chocolate mousse.