vanguard in Chinese
[ 'vængɑ:d ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "vanguard"Use "vanguard" in a sentence
- They are the vanguards of the working class .
- The vanguard units started off last night .
- The communist party is the vanguard of the working class .
- The vanguard is(are)under attack .
- On the second day the vanguard on the right bank fell behind .
- The exemplary vanguard role of the communists is of vital importance .
- Behind the vanguard were 38 columns guarding 38 four-horse chariots .
- The vanguard in the movement were priests and ministers who worked in the slums .
- The vanguard of the american army reached the elbe, only fifty-three miles from berlin .
- Before their vanguard reached the gates they had to come to grips with the police and soldiers .
- the position of greatest importance or advancement; the leading position in any movement or field; "the Cotswolds were once at the forefront of woollen manufacturing in England"; "the idea of motion was always to the forefront of his mind and central to his philosophy"
Synonyms: forefront, cutting edge,
- the leading units moving at the head of an army
- any creative group active in the innovation and application of new concepts and techniques in a given field (especially in the arts)
Synonyms: avant-garde, van, new wave,