pacific black duck in a sentence
- Its taxonomic status is debated, and it has variously been treated as a full species, a subspecies of the mallard or the Pacific black duck, or sometimes as a subspecies of the Indian spot-billed duck.
- Native birds such as the kookaburra, magpie, galah, sulphur crested cockatoo, magpie-lark, purple swamphen, Eurasian coot, Pacific black duck and Australian wood duck are a common sight in both the parklands and backyard gardens.
- The present species is known to produce fertile hybrids with the Pacific black duck and the Philippine duck in captivity, and naturally hybridizes with the mallard as their ranges now overlap in the Primorsky Krai due to the spotbill's northward expansion.
- Research by the VFGA in Victoria during 1992 1993 showed that lead levels in Pacific black duck at Lake Buloke had reached internationally recognised levels dangerous to waterfowl ( waterfowl ingest lead pellets with gravel the gravel aid their digestion of food ).
- Yoshimaro Yamashina examined those specimens in Japanese museums in 1948, and decided that the Mariana mallard was an example of hybrid speciation, and was descended from the mallard and the Pacific black duck's Palau subspecies ( " Anas superciliosa pelewensis " ).
- Floating habitat islands were installed with salicornia salt marsh plants at Sydney Olympic Park Authority in 2011 providing nesting sites for local and migratory birds including black swans, black-winged stilts, red-necked avocets, Pacific black ducks and chestnut teals, using the Aqua Biofilter product.
- These include stubble quail, pheasants, partridges, European quail, California quail, Pacific black duck, grey teal, hardhead, Australian shelduck, pink-eared duck, Australian wood duck, chestnut teal, Australasian shoveller, hog deer, red deer, sambar deer and fallow deer.
- In some years it supports more than 10, 000 ducks, including Australian shelduck ( up to 1, 650 counted ), Pacific black duck ( 5, 500 ), grey teal ( 9, 000 ), Australasian shoveler ( 2, 000 ), and hardhead ( 1, 053 ).
- Other waterbirds with recorded counts of over 1000 at some time include the Australian shelduck, Pacific black duck, Australasian shoveler, magpie geese, glossy ibis, brolga, Australian spotted crake, black-tailed godwit, marsh sandpiper, black-winged stilt, red-kneed dotterel and white-winged black tern.
- There exists a short remark mentioning " a merganser " found on Campbell Island in McCormick ( 1842 ), but this may just as well refer to the semi-marine Campbell teal which is otherwise missing in his notes : he only mentions the Pacific black duck ( " a New Zealand species of duck " ).
- Bird species include the nankeen ( rufous ) night heron, white-faced heron, chestnut teal, straw-necked ibis, pacific black duck, pacific gull, silver gull, magpie-lark, Australian pelican, little pied cormmorant, royal spoonbill, masked lapwing, whiskered ( marsh ) tern and the caspian tern.
- Bird species found adjacent to the creek include the Australasian darter, little pied cormorant, brown falcon, peregrine falcon, square-tailed kite, dusky moorhen, royal spoonbill, black swan, Pacific black duck, mallard, Australian wood duck, galah, rainbow lorikeet, white-faced heron, Australian white ibis, and wattlebird.
- The lakes and lagoons are particularly important habitats for waterbirds such as black swan, grey teal, Pacific black duck, and especially the critically endangered orange-bellied parrot " ( Neophema chrysogaster ) " which winters here along with many other birds including the red-necked stint ( " Calidris ruficollis " ), sharp-tailed sandpiper ( " Calidris acuminata " ), and curlew sandpiper ( " Calidris ferruginea " ).
- Other birds recorded as sometimes occurring on the wetlands in relatively substantial numbers include black swans, Pacific black ducks, grey teals, Australian shelducks, Australasian shovellers, pink-eared ducks, hardheads, black-backed bitterns, Australian white ibises, hoary-headed grebes, Eurasian coots, sharp-tailed sandpipers, red-necked stints, marsh sandpipers, white-headed stilts, double-banded plovers, red-kneed dotterels, red-capped plovers and whiskered terns.
- This has created conservation concerns for relatives of the mallard, such as the Hawaiian duck, the " A . s . superciliosa " subspecies of the Pacific black duck, the American black duck, the mottled duck, Meller's duck, the yellow-billed duck, and the Mexican duck, in the latter case even leading to a dispute whether these birds should be considered a species ( and thus entitled to more conservation research and funding ) or included in the mallard.
- More Sentences： 1 2
- "pacific bible seminary" in a sentence
- "pacific biological laboratories" in a sentence
- "pacific biological station" in a sentence
- "pacific biosciences" in a sentence
- "pacific birds habitat joint venture" in a sentence
- "pacific black ducks" in a sentence
How can I put and write and define pacific black duck in a sentence and how is the word pacific black duck used in a sentence and examples? 用pacific black duck造句, 用pacific black duck造句, 用pacific black duck造句, pacific black duck meaning, definition, pronunciation, synonyms and example sentences are provided by ichacha.net.