habitat in Chinese
[ 'hæbitæt ] Pronunciation:
noun plural: habitats
- Monkeys live in an arboreal habitat .
- All species of worms in a habitat are considered .
- These include character displacement, habitat selection .
- The dam would also destroy the snail darter's habitat
- Facies of species are often connected with extreme or disturbed habitats .
- Ecodeme refers to a deme occuring within a specified kind of habitat .
- Man would have to assist in the maintenance of species populations by habitat manipulation .
- The photosynthetic responses determine the habitat of p. rubens and p. mariana in the climax forest .
- Many species are in peril of extinction because of our destruction of their natural habitat .
- This will promote gene exchange among colonies of the population in unfavorable years and inferior habitats .
- the type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs; "a marine habitat"; "he felt safe on his home grounds"
Synonyms: home ground,