抛锚 meaning in English
[ pāomáo ] Pronunciation:
- The ship remained in anchorage for a month .
- The car stalled at the roundabout .
- The bus broke down on the way .
- Faber realized that the car would soon stop altogether .
- We had gone about fifty miles when the car broke down .
- So we dropped anchor, and swung out our cable toward the shore .
- The boat was moored, and the hands busily engaged in taking on wood .
- Scobie went out in the police boat as soon as the liner anchored .
- Marriage was not the safe anchorage he had been taught to think, but a voyage on uncharted seas .
- - his tractor stalled on this crossing . - what